The term “nontraditional student” may no longer be relevant. According to studies released by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), adults going back to school make up the fastest growing demographic in education across the country.
If you’re middle-aged, returning to college, and especially if you have school-age children of your own, a GetAssist account is a non-negotiable must-have. Here’s why:
Arm Yourself and Avoid Feeling Overwhelmed
There is plenty of stress when it comes to balancing family, home, work and a social life. Add school, homework, studying, tests and class schedules to the mix, plus your kids’ programs, room-mom volunteering, school lunches and decorations for the next classroom party and life becomes overwhelming at best. Don’t subscribe to these laments; subscribe to GetAssist.
GetAssist is the new social platform and app on the block. It can help you keep your head above water and your life swimming smoothly downstream (and it’s free to join).
Clearing out the Clutter
One of the most significant benefits of a GetAssist account is the ability to reduce the clutter from an already hectic schedule (pause for cheers and smiles). Think about all the different apps you utilize to get through your day. Text messaging keeps you in touch with the kids. Google Calendar manages your appointments. Social networking sites—and there are many—keep you up-to-date with friends. The list goes on, right? GetAssist offers you this:
- Ad-free space. No longer will you be hammered with repeated exposure to distracting and annoying advertisements. GetAssist is not supported by advertisers. Definition: fewer distractions by promoted content to take away from your day.
- Manageable feed. This benefit goes hand-in-hand with an ad-free space. You decide which posts, discussions and communities you see in your grapevine (a.k.a. timeline or feed). Your time is too precious to give away viewing unwanted cat videos.
Become a Calendar Goddess
One of our favorite benefits of GetAssist is its calendar function. The many bells and whistles assist you with a more strategic scheduling strategy. Here’s how:
- Integrate your Google Calendar. Map your journey by calendaring all your appointments, reminders, alerts, meetings, job-search appointments and scheduled interviews onto one calendar and cancel the others. Are you ready to meet your new favorite calendar?
It’s All in the Company You Keep
Manageable social media is finally here. With GetAssist, you connect with purpose. Communities are the heart of GetAssist, and whether you’re joining a community or creating one, you connect with those people who mean the most to you.
- Find your circle. Never underestimate the power of a good study group, and never underestimate the possibility of finding one. But if you can’t find a group, then create one! Form a study group and invite classmates to join. Don’t forget to utilize the calendar to get your meetings on everyone’s radar!
- Family counsel. Create a community for just the family and never lose touch with the kids. While life is moving, GetAssist communities allow you to keep a presence in the lives of your family members—privately, without the intrusion of unwanted guests.
Going back to school, and managing life as it comes, can be quite daunting. But no matter what, it’s inspiring to your family, and neither stress nor anxiety should keep you from getting the education you want and deserve.