Even the most micro bootstrapping enterprise will reach a point they need services from other businesses, or they can’t grow. But, how do you find the right people to work with? In a word, Network.
According to entrepreneurial mentor Kim Baird, “in this day and age, the phrase ‘it’s not what you know, but WHO you know,’ has never been more true.”
Here are just a few benefits of networking:
- 70% of people find jobs networking.
- Making B2B connections is essential to sustaining and growing a business. By networking, you are able to utilize the connections made in times of need.
- Finding other professionals you can recommend your clients to for their needs you cannot service, increases the likelihood of customer retention when the need for your services arises with your referral partners.
- B2B networking allows you to learn from those who have already found success. This puts you at a distinct advantage when you can learn from other’s failures and triumphs. Networking is a great source for finding a mentor.
- 40% of small business owners say they learn from each other. Every entrepreneur has experienced self-doubt during hard times. Networking allows for positive influence from your peers. Support from your network can help give you the motivation and the grit, to be able to push through times of struggle. This sense of camaraderie helps form powerful friendships as well.
It is clear that if you have the opportunity to participate in B2B Networking, your time will be well spent.
85% of people prefer in-person business meetings because they believe it builds stronger, more meaningful business relationships. But obtaining that initial face-to-face coffee appointment or attending a networking event cold turkey can be scary. Starting a conversation online and then moving to an in-person meeting or social function puts all parties at ease.
So, what are the best options for businesses to network with other businesses virtually? Sure, we all know about LinkedIn, but is that the best tool? Wouldn’t it be ideal to have a social platform that captured the essence of face-to-face networking?
In his article in Forbes Magazine, Steve Olenski makes the case for the need for Business to Business Networking Platforms. Steve says, “LinkedIn has always been recognized as the go-to social media platform for business-minded individuals that want to network with others. It has served as a great way for entrepreneurs to publicize their credentials and to showcase the projects that are currently taking up their time.
It has also proven to be a way for businesses, especially business owners, to network with others for the purpose of starting a mutually beneficial relationship. However, this has required users to make a side step as it is not the main intent of the LinkedIn platform. Rather, the website is designed for business people to network with business people, not for businesses to interact with businesses, if you will.”
That’s were GetAssist comes in…
GetAssist believes that when business meets social on a single connected network; beautiful things happen. And when 1000’s of small businesses come together, they become a powerful collective creating the kind of interactions that everyone can use to Get and Give assistance, making everyday life easier.
GetAssist is the social platform that businesses have been waiting for. Perhaps a contractor needs to find other professionals to work with like an electrician, plumber or commercial cleaner, or an accountant needs to work with an insurance broker for his client’s who are required to provide benefits for their employees… On GetAssist, businesses can easily find and create relationships with other organizations, right in their area. A business is also able to create or join online communities based on their field and local business community. In these communities, examples of work can be shared, video introductions and tutorials can be uploaded to gain trust, and discussion boards allow for collaboration and invitations to meet. GetAssist creates an easy and effective way to network, having considered all the benefits of B2B networking and building in tools to utilize them.
Start Networking with other Businesses in your area today with a GetAssist Business Membership – SIGN UP HERE